Terms and Conditions
The Print Swap OFFICIAL RULES
SPONSORED BY FEATURE SHOOT MEDIA PTY LIMITED, ACN 616 904 744, (a company incorporated and subject to the laws of the state of New South Wales Australia), (“the Sponsor Entity”)
1. Contest Overview: Entry into this Contest is accomplished by submitting, in accordance with these terms and conditions, (“Official Rules”), photos on Instagram via the hashtag #theprintswap or by emailing images of 620 px wide to email@example.com.
2. Eligibility: This Contest is open to Entrants who are at least 18 years of age. The Sponsor Entity reserves the right to verify an individual’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Employees (and their immediate families, i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of the Sponsor Entity, or any other sponsor appointed by the Sponsor Entity, and their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfilment agencies are not eligible to enter the Contest. The Contest is not open to residents of Australian sanctioned countries where entry of this Contest would be in breach of any current sanctions imposed by the Australian Government and the United Nations Security Council in situations of international concern, and is void where prohibited, or restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, Entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by the Sponsor Entity, and by the decisions of the Sponsor Entity, which are final in all matters relating to the Contest; (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor Entity and its respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of a Prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, trespass, nuisance, misleading or deceptive conduct, passing off, infringement of intellectual property rights and merchandise delivery; and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
3. To Enter: Hashtag your images #theprintswap on Instagram or email images at 620 px wide to firstname.lastname@example.org. If selected you will be asked to complete all the required fields on the submittable form including (i) uploading your high res image(s) taken by you (“Photo”); (ii) uploading the Photo(s) as instructed, including labelling files with your name and including on the submittable form your full name, address, email, and telephone number along with a link to your website, a short bio and caption information; and (iii) payment of the Fee at the time of uploading high res image(s). All Photos and entry forms shall be collectively referred to herein as “Submission". “All Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. Only fully completed Submissions are eligible. Along with strong compositions, judges will be looking for photographs across all genres. Each Submission must be an original work of entrant and not infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, trespass, nuisance, misleading and deceptive conduct, passing off, or other intellectual property or contractual, statutory or tortious rights of any person or entity and must not be defamatory, racist or, in the absolute opinion of the Sponsor Entity offensive. Only digital entries will be accepted. If selected, digital files must be sent in jpeg or tiff format, measuring 2400 pixels on the shortest side. Images may be colour profiled in RGB, Adobe-1998, or not colour-managed. Sponsor Entity shall have the right to crop, adapt, and publish any or all of the Submissions, and may authorise others to do so for the purposes of the Contest and for the purpose of displaying the Photos on the Feature Shoot Site, Print Swap Site and/or on Feature Shoot/Print Swap social media. By entering this Competition, entrant gives the Sponsorship Entity an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide royalty-free license and consent to use the Submission on the Feature Shoot Site, Print Swap site, Feature Shoot/Print Swap social media including without limitation Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, print and online magazines, and in promotional, and advertising materials, and by public exhibition in galleries, without compensation to the entrant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other person or entity, except where prohibited by law, and entrant consents to the finished version(s) and waives any Moral Rights claim in respect to this consent. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor Entity.
By submitting an entry Entrants acknowledge they have read, understood and agreed to these Official Rules. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. Entrants may win multiple prizes.
Copyright ownership in the Submissions remains vested entirely with the Entrants/Author. The Sponsor Entity will make best endeavours to credit the Entrant’s Submission but is not liable for any inadvertent failure to do so or due to the neglect or fault of third parties. The Entrant is encouraged to notify the Sponsor Entity of any omission of their credit and the Sponsor Entity shall take reasonable steps to seek to rectify the omission but is not liable if a third party responsible and with control of publication declines or neglects to rectify the omission despite such reasonable steps taken by the Sponsor Entity.
By entering, all entrants warrant and represent that (a) their respective Submissions are their own 100% original creations; (b) their respective Submissions do not incorporate any intellectual property from any third parties (without appropriate releases); and (c) that their submissions do not violate any rights (including any rights of privacy, trespass, nuisance, misleading and deceptive conduct, passing off, rights of publicity or copyrights) of any third parties. (d) acknowledge that where applicable these Official Rules are a consent to use adaptation and publication for purposes of the Entrant’s Moral Rights whilst the Entrant’s Moral Rights are asserted and acknowledged.
In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the authorised subscriber of the e-mail account used to participate in the Contest at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorised account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organisation (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrants may be required to provide the Sponsor Entity with proof that he/she is the authorised account holder of the associated e-mail address.
4. Prize Winners Selection/Notification: Prize winners will be selected for the Contest (the “Prize Winners”). Eligible Entries will be judged by a curator selected by the Sponsoring Entity (the “Judge”). Entries that are in the absolute determination of the Sponsoring Entity deemed inappropriate to the image of the Sponsor Entity, and/or defamatory, lewd, racist, incite crime or hatred or are otherwise offensive will be disqualified. The potential winners will be notified by e-mail, Instagram and/or telephone. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be contacted, or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential Prize Winner forfeits all rights to any prize, and an alternate winner as judged will be awarded the prize. A Prize Winner is not eligible to receive their prize unless and until they upload their high res images and pay a $40 fee. All decisions of the Judges and/or Sponsor Entity are final and binding in all respects.
When you enter the competition your email is included in the Sponsor Entity’s mailing list and the Sponsor Entity may retain those details in order to process your inquiries, manage your entry, send you newsletters and relevant information or respond to your requests and improve the Competition. The Sponsor Entity may use your email address to communicate with you about the Competition and future competitions and provide administrative information about this website. Other than as expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, the Sponsor Entity will not provide your identifying information to any third party. The Sponsor Entity does not provide a benefit, service or advantage to collect personal information nor does the Sponsor Entitydisclose personal information for a benefit, service or advantage. If you would like to opt-out from having the Sponsor Entity use your information in connection with the Competition and this website, please contact the Sponsor Entity by writing to Feature Shoot Media at 407/588 Oxford Street Bondi Junction NSW 2022 identifying the information that you would like the Sponsor Entity to stop using. The deletion of that information may render you ineligible for entry in the Competition.
5. Prize Winner Verification: Each potential Prize Winner must meet and does hereby warrant that they do meet the eligibility criteria. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Prize Winner, such potential Prize Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Prize Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Prize Winner as judged may be awarded the prize, in the Sponsor Entity’s sole discretion and based on the decision of the judges. The Prize Winner : (a) releases the Sponsor Entity and their officers, directors, employees, agents, members, affiliated companies and subsidiaries, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, or misuse of any Prize or participation in this Contest; and (b) except where prohibited by law, grants the Sponsor Entity the right to the Prize Winner’s name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Prize winners acknowledge that Sponsor Entity has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Prize Winners will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the prize. All decisions of the Sponsor Entity relating to the Contest are final. The Sponsor Entity expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Prize Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason the Sponsor Entity deems necessary.
6. Prizes: a. Prize Winners can receive: (i) a print by one of their contemporary Prize Winners (“Print Swap”); and a select number of Prize Winners will be chosen for (ii) acknowledgement on the Print Swap and Feature Shoot website and social media.
7. General Prize Terms: The Sponsor Entity covers the costs of printing and shipping winning entries. Upon entry into the Contest each Prize Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable national/federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Prize Winner’s responsibility. The Sponsor Entity shall have no responsibility or obligation to any Prize Winner or any potential Prize Winner who is unable or unavailable to accept or utilise Prize as described herein.
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except Sponsor Entity, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize. The prize is non-transferable. Prize Winners agree that contemporary Prize Winners in receipt of a Print Swap prize are allowed to share those prints on Instagram as long as they credit the photographer(s) who made them. Otherwise Prize Winners shall not copy, publish, communicate to the public, loan hire or publicly exhibit their contemporary Prize Winner’s Print without the written consent of the contemporary Prize Winner and the written notification of such consent to the Sponsor Entity from the contemporary Prize Winner.
8. General Terms: Non compliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOUR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR SPONSOR ENTITY INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR ENTITY’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Sponsor Entity assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. Sponsor Entity is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of computer online systems, servers, or service providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, or any incomplete, lost, late, delayed, misdirected or garbled Submissions or failure to receive Submissions, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials or software or attempts to participate in or download materials or software related to this Contest. Sponsor Entity is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Prize Winners. If, for any reason, the Contest (including, but not limited to, any aspect of the online voting process) is not capable of running as planned, or is disrupted or corrupted, including, without limitation, strikes, acts of war or terrorism, infection by computer virus, bugs, denial of service attack, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical or system failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor Entity which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or for any reason Sponsor Entity deems it necessary, Sponsor Entity reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or to determine the Prize Winners in their sole discretion. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on http://www.theprintswap.com and the prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor Entity. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor Entity is final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other self executing code are permitted to be uploaded with entries. Sponsor Entity reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or self executing code; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Contest; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any documents submitted in connection with this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR ENTITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW COURTS OF NEW SOUTH WALES (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW SOUTH WALES SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor Entity from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sponsor Entity, and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor Entity has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize.
9. Request for the Names of the Prize Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Feature Shoot Media at 407/588 Oxford Street Bondi Junction NSW 2022 Australia
10. Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by Feature Shoot Media.